Artists Impression

Artists Impression

Tuesday 24 June 2008

Bleeping test

Well, I had the bleep test this evening, and what a bucket of chuckles that wasn't.

Evidently, I am somewhat short of match fitness and registered a rather lame 8.9. Admittedly, I had no idea what I was aiming for, but when someone said that Blade reached level ten a few days ago when he was half-cut, I thought I would do a tad better!

Still, I think my post-test salad laid down a marker for things to come, I will gloss over the four pints....it was Miles' birthday after all!

The physical side of this event is actually quite frightening, personally, I can't think of anything worse than not making it because I'm not fit enough. It's nine months away now, which means I'll have nobody to blame but myself if I'm not in shape...and I hate blaming myself, I'd far rather blame someone else!

I've been going to the gym about three times a week for around a month now, but I think it's time to up that, running is one thing, but I need to start doing some sport - squash anyone???

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Everest Test